ThinkDing  

Go Back   ThinkDing > Member Forums > Pre-Sale Questions
Acceptance Mark
User Name
Password

Old 05-20-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Interested to Buy this script

Hi, I really liked the features of your script, however before I purchase it I have few questions to ask?

1. I have almost 16 tables in a small database, but the top most important tables I want to search are Places, Locations, and Reviews tables. Places table has pla_code, pla_name, pla_streets and location table has almost 20 locations listed. reviews table has REV_CONTENTS.

Now what I want is that when a user make search for example user searches for the word bars and lounges (it should return the desired results from places, and reviews, if someone has posted that word in the review it should be able to dig it out).

Please tell me if it would be a good choice to buy this script, as you have mentioned that if there are queries can ask before purchase so I am requesting these questions.

Please if you could reply urgently.

Regards,
Zaff
Old 05-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Administrator

tdSearch can search just one MySQL database table. The one table is to have the following form:
Code:
CREATE TABLE search_data ( title varchar(255) NOT NULL, description text NOT NULL, keywords text NOT NULL, url varchar(255) NOT NULL, size varchar(255) NOT NULL, date varchar(255) NOT NULL ) TYPE=MyISAM;

tdSearch cannot perform relational searches across multiple tables, so if you are looking for a script that can search your Places, Locations, and Reviews tables, tdSearch is not the script to purchase.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 PM

Thanks but could you please recommend a script that can do this task.

About your script, does it handle ' " % and these characters well if the user enters these characters in the query?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Administrator

Sorry, I do not know of such a script. As to ' " % characters, ' and % are searchable (see here and here) but " is used for phrase searching (see here) so " isn't a searchable character as are ' and % characters.