View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 02:14 PM

Lightbulb How to add weight to a link

If you are planning to create a database of links, as I have, and you want to add a paypal type button for people to pay you to make their link come up more, simply add more keywords, in all 3 applicable fields!

We all know that a substantial amount of "webmasters" do not properly utilize the meta tags for keywords, title, and description, nor do they even think of using the abstract meta tag, or title and alt tags, ALL of which help boost marketing for their website!

So, for example, when I use Powermarks to initially collect the links, I can add keywords at that point, and then save my collection, export it to a CSV file, then upload via phpMyAdmin.

If I had a link that had a title of "The Toilet Seat Company", and keywords of "toilet seats", and description of "We make toilet seats", I could add to ALL 3 of those fields, "bath, bathroom, comfort, luxury, designer, wood, padded" and help boost that links ability to come up more, by adding words that would be searched for other types of products, not just toilet seats, see?

If someone looking for "wood" products, (maybe tables....) searched for wood, they would see the toilet seat company, and maybe even think, "wow, I need a new toilet seat to!" (grin).

So, you could offer to boost a customers link by accepting a small fee to add keywords, or "fluff" (grin).

Good luck, I just wanted to share this idea with those new to links and databases

SoapinTrucker